Workstream is a SaaS company that addresses the top pain point of the local businesses around you: hiring, managing, and retaining qualified workers. We are a mission-based organization that enables these local businesses to hire faster with texting, cutting their time to engage, hire, and onboard hourly workers in half. There are 2.7 billion hourly workers, who make up 80% of the global workforce, but they've been heavily underserved by technology and deserve better.
Our customers include leading brands from multiple sectors, including McDonald's, Burger King, Jamba Juice, 7-Eleven, Uber, and FedEx. At series B, we are quickly expanding our product portfolio. We are backed by legendary VCs and industry experts like Founders Fund, BOND, and Coatue.
We are looking for someone that can grow with our team over time. You have a scrappy, hands-on attitude to hit the ground running.
Who You Are
You are a seasoned Software Engineer with a strong background in application and infrastructure security. You advocate for and practice test-driven development (TDD) to ensure the delivery of high-quality, reliable software. You have a particular interest or expertise in the Fintech sector and you are always up to date with the latest industry trends. Your technical skills are complemented by your ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proficiency in at least one of the following programming languages: Ruby on Rails, Node JS, or Python, with experience in developing high-performance and high-availability backend systems.
- Strong foundation in programming principles and design patterns.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development(TDD) as part of a commitment to quality software development.
- Demonstrated experience in application and infrastructure security, including knowledge of best practices and the latest trends.
- Full professional proficiency in English.
- Experience with cloud platforms, with a particular emphasis on AWS.
- Understanding of DevOps principles and methodologies.
- Familiarity with Fintech products and the financial sector as a whole.
- Experience with or knowledge of Machine Learning/Deep Learning technologies and algorithms.
- Prior experience in the Fintech sector or with Fintech products is highly desirable.
What We Offer
- A position within a mission-driven and value-based company dedicated to empowering deskless workers and local businesses.
- The opportunity to become an early employee at a Series B startup, working alongside the founding team and industry veterans to help shape the company's future.
- A competitive salary, complemented by an equity stake in the company.
- Performance-based year-end bonuses to reward hard work and dedication.
- Unlimited PTO, allowing you to take the time you need to recharge and perform at your best.
- A hybrid office/WFH schedule,providing the flexibility to balance work and life commitments.