Our engineering team draws on a diverse, rich set of experiences and skills to tackle big challenges with beautiful solutions. With >100% growth within the last year, we're constantly taking on challenges in search algorithms, infrastructure scalability, and growth. We're building solutions for these problems that are scalable, performant, and elegant — all while maintaining a delightful user experience.
At Cialfo, we work independently. We balance ownership and initiative with flexibility, trusting you to ship on time. While Cialfo is a fast-paced environment, we also believe decisions made quickly should be made thoughtfully.
Cialfo is an equal opportunity employer and firmly believes in inclusion and diversity. It takes diversity of thought, culture, background, and perspective to create a truly global education platform.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Cialfo, you're deeply technical and hands-on. You'll work with our entire engineering team, working in tandem with the business development and customer success teams to grow our college application platform for scalability and performance.
You will report directly to Cialfo's co-founder and Head of Product. This role is remote role based in China, ideally located in Shanghai. This is no visa sponsorship for this role in China.
Who You Are
Please apply if this sounds like you:
- 5+ years of meaningful engineering work experience
- Real-world experience building infrastructure at scale
- Extraordinary ability to work anywhere on the technical stack, delivering quality code on the back-end
- Proficiency with any MVC framework, but preferably Ruby on Rails or Go
- Expertise in relational databases, schema design, and complex MySQL queries
- In-depth understanding of object oriented programming
- Deep familiarity with design and technical patterns of large, high-scale, enterprise applications
- Strong opinions on code architecture
- A deep understanding of TDD and BDD
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines
- Fluent in English
Great To Haves
- Academic experience in computer science (BSc/MSc)
- Familiarity (or willing to gain familiarity) with NoSQL
- Hands-on expertise in at least one JS framework (AngularJS/React/Ember)
- Education experience: you've worked in a school before and can vouch from a classroom experience
- Experience with asynchronous teams. We live, talk, and type from all over the world
- Experience and familiarity with the educational technology landscape
- Experience creating engineering solutions for China
- An interest or familiarity with machine learning techniques and predictive modeling
- Chinese Mandarin fluency
Exact benefits vary depending on your location. That said, all Cialfo employees receive the following:
- Private health insurance
- Base of 20 days paid time off
- Work from home once a month
Please contact Grayson at email@example.com