We are pleased to announce the release of Ruby 2.2.0-preview1.
Ruby 2.2.0-preview1 is the first preview for the Ruby 2.2.0. Many new features and improvements are included forthe increasingly diverse and expanding demands for Ruby.
For example Symbol GC will decrease the risk of memory exhaustion (symbols are not garbage collected). Because if this Rails 5.0 will be released for Ruby 2.2+http://weblog.rubyonrails.org/2014/8/20/Rails-4-2-beta1/.
Incremental GC is also nice to decrease pause time. It will help running Rails applications.
The notable changes since 2.1.0 are:
- Incremental GC
- Symbol GC
- core libraries:
- support Unicode 7.0 #9092
- New methods:
- Float#next_float, Float#prev_float
- File.birthtime, File#birthtime
- bundled libraries:
- update Psych 2.0.6
- update Rake 10.3.2+ (e47d0239)
- update RDoc 4.2.0.alpha (21b241a)
- update RubyGems 2.4.1+ (713ab65)
- update test-unit 3.0.1 (removed from CRuby repository but bundled in tarball)
- update minitest 5.4.1 (removed from CRuby repository but bundled in tarball)
- deprecate mathn
- C API
- remove deprecated APIs
See NEWS in ruby repository(WIP) for detail.
With those changes, 1239 files changed, 98343 insertions(+), 61858 deletions(-).
Enjoy programming with Ruby 2.2.0-preview1!