招聘 [上海] “GIGABase 循绿” 公司寻找 RoR Developer
Ruby on Rails Senior Developer
The Sr. Lead Developer will serve as a key member of the management team to help GIGA to turn ideas into efficient and scalable web solutions. The following is a brief description of what the position will entail. Note that given the nature of early stage organizations, an ability to work in a fast moving environment and fill multiple roles within the organization is required.
The ideal candidate is someone with at least 7 years of software development experience and at least 3 years experience with Ruby On Rails. The ideal candidate will be responsible to lead, maintain and architect current and existing GIGA solutions. Solutions must address China's rapidly growing market: high user volume, heavy traffic. Scalability and performance are both crucial. The ideal candidate will mainly focus on back-end development and architecture, but should also be comfortable in driving front-end work
This position will require a full-time commitment, but a Contractor-to-Permanent position with a commitment of approximately 20-25 hours per week can be considered initially. Senior Developers will work directly with the CEO/CTO and will be a key contributor to architectural design & strategy. This is a critical position, hence the compensation package includes equity.
Skills & Requirements
GIGA is looking for candidates with the following qualifications and Technical web application development skills include:
- Agile-Scrum development methodology knowledge and experience. You must also have:
- passion and pride for the code that runs your solutions
- entrepreneurial mind
- practical and strong common sense
- focus on product quality
Ruby on Rails Junior Developer
- Developing next generation solutions using Ruby & Rails
- Maintaining & validating existing solutions
- Work with a talented and distributed team using the SCRUM framework
- Collaborating with other developers utilizing RoR and other modern object oriented languages
- Some other duties as needed such as front end and QA
Skills & Requirements
- 1+ years developing in Ruby on Rails
- 3+ years developing in other modern object oriented languages
- Experience with MySQL or other RDBMS
- QA and AB testing experience a big bonus!
- Frontend skills including CSS, HTML, HTML5 a bonus
GIGA is an IT and Greentech company which is pioneering green material sourcing and construction in China with web-based softwares and services that evaluate project data, material chemistry and connect the entire green building industry.
GIGA is the go-to resource to find and source green products and services. An international greentech and green building pioneer. A global catalyst for safe, healthy products.
We believe architecture and product design can regenerate our environment. Our mission is to meet China’s growing demand for healthy products and services.
Joel Test score: 12/12
The Joel Test is a twelve-question measure of the quality of a software team.
- Do you use source control?
- Can you make a build in one step?
- Do you make daily builds?
- Do you have a bug database?
- Do you fix bugs before writing new code?
- Do you have an up-to-date schedule?
- Do you have a spec?
- Do programmers have quiet working conditions?
- Do you use the best tools money can buy? Do you have testers?
- Do new candidates write code during their interview?
- Do you do hallway usability testing?