Gem 在 RubyGems 中发现多个漏洞 [ Multiple vulnerabilities in RubyGems ]。
There are multiple vulnerabilities in RubyGems bundled by Ruby. It is reported at the official blog of RubyGems.
The following vulnerabilities have been reported.
- a DNS request hijacking vulnerability
- an ANSI escape sequence vulnerability
- a DoS vulernerability in the query command
- a vulnerability in the gem installer that allowed a malicious gem to overwrite arbitrary files
It is strongly recommended for Ruby users to take one of the following workarounds as soon as possible.
- Ruby 2.2 series: 2.2.7 and earlier
- Ruby 2.3 series: 2.3.4 and earlier
- Ruby 2.4 series: 2.4.1 and earlier
- prior to trunk revision 59672
At this moment, there are no Ruby releases including the fix for RubyGems. But you can upgrade RubyGems to the latest version. RubyGems 2.6.13 or later includes the fix for the vulnerabilities.
gem update --system
If you can’t upgrade RubyGems, you can apply the following patches as a workaround.
- for Ruby 2.2.7
- for Ruby 2.3.4
- for Ruby 2.4.1: need 2 patches. Apply sequentially as follows:
About the trunk, update to the latest revision.
This report is based on the official blog of RubyGems.
Originally published at 2017-08-29 12:00:00 UTC