Our support staff has responded to your request, details of which are described below:
Discussion Notes Support Staff Response Dear Sir Or Madam,
Thank you for your response. We do not charge to transfer a domain name from us to another Registrar. You should contact the company that will receive the domain(s) to start the process and find out what they may require from you. Please note that if you have recently registered your domain or made a change to the registrant contact information, you will not be able to transfer the domain away for a period of 60 days from the registration date or most recent contact change.
To make a domain name available to transfer away from us, you will need to unlock the domain, obtain the domain name authorization code, and remove private registration (if you have selected this option).
To 'lock' or 'unlock' your domain name, follow the directions below:
First, log into your account:
- Go to our Login Page
- Log in using your account username (which may be the same as your customer number) and password.
If you have trouble logging in, our Account Retrieval System may help you. You can use this to retrieve your customer number and/or reset your customer account password. You can find this system by selecting 'Click Here' next to 'Forgot Your Password?' on the 'My Account' login page.
Once logged in, follow these steps:
- From 'My Products', click 'Domain Manager.'
- Check the box next to the domain(s) you wish to manage.
- Click the 'Locking' button from menu above.
- Select the option next to 'Lock' or 'Unlock'.
- Click the 'Ok' button to process the change.
After making changes to the domain’s settings, some features of your domain management will be disabled briefly while the updates are being processed. While you can make changes to nameservers, etc. within a few minutes of unlocking a domain, 48 hours may be required if you are unlocking the domain to transfer to another registrar.
To obtain the Authorization Code for your domain, please follow these directions:
- Select 'Domains' from the 'My Products' menu.
- Click on the domain you need to retrieve the Authorization Code for to select it.
- Under the 'Domain Details' section you will see 'Authorization Code: Send by Email'.
- Click on the 'Send by Email' link.
- Click on the 'Ok' button to have the Authorization Code emailed to the Administrative Contact email address.
If you do not have private registration enabled on the domain name, this is all that will will need to be done on our side to allow the domain name to be transferred.
If you have privacy enabled on your domain name through Domains by proxy you will need to remove this before the domain name can be transferred away.
The private registration for your domain is managed through Domains By Proxy, while the domain registration is managed by us.
You will need to log into your account with Domains By Proxy in order to cancel the privacy service. We have received the following instructions from Domains By Proxy for canceling private registration service for a domain:
- Go to domainsbyproxy.com and click on 'My Account'.
- Log in to your Domains by Proxy account.
-If you do not remember your Domains by Proxy login information, click on the 'Forgot your password?' link to retrieve your customer number and reset your password
- Once logged in, click on 'My Domains'.
- Check the box next to the domain(s) you wish to cancel private registration for.
- Click on 'Continue'.
- Confirm that you wish to cancel the registration by selecting YES.
- Click the 'Submit' button.
You will then receive an email regarding the cancellation. The domain will no longer appear in your Domains by Proxy account, and the cancellation will not affect any other services on the domain such as DNS or email. Please remember that cancellation of the private registration is not refundable.
If you have any other questions regarding the cancellation of your private registration, please contact the Domains By Proxy support staff using the following URL:
Please let us know if we can assist you in any other way.
Regards, Bob C. Online Support Team